As Easter is around the corner, why not indulge into the season’s healthy options.
With this simple and quick carrot based recipe, you can’t go wrong.
- 200g grated carrots
- 60 g of ground almonds
- 75 g flour
- 3 eggs separated
- 1/2 pack of baking powder
- 90g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 56g confectioner sugar
- Pumpkin seeds (or other) for decoration
- Beat the egg white stiff
- In a mixing bowl grate the carrots and add all the other ingredients
- fold in the egg whites
- Blend the mixture into a smooth carrot muffin dough and then spread it on your muffin cups
- I recommend you to take silicone molds or well buttered molds, alternatively you can bake them in muffin form papers
- In a preheated oven, bake the carrot muffins at 180 ° C is about 25-30 minutes
- For the icing, mix the lemon juice with the sugar thoroughly, and apply on the muffins when they are cold. Decorate with pumpkin seeds.